Clark Hall and PSB do NOT have fire drills. Therefore, if the fire alarm rings, assume there is a fire and leave the building using the closest exit.
- Be sure to shut off any equipment that is in use in the lab if it can be done safely and quickly.
- Close the laboratory door when you leave.
- DO NOT use the elevator when evacuating the building. Use the stairs.
- When outside, move away from the building and out of the road so that the emergency vehicles will not be hampered.
Fireboxes are located near both stairways. If you find a fire that has not already set off the automatic alarm, report it via the firebox. This will also signal the WSU Fire Department.
Fire Safety Notes:
- The doors to the solvent and chemical storage rooms (Clark 163 and BLS 123 [PSB solvent room]) should be kept closed and locked at all times.
- Do not store flammable liquids in refrigerators or freezers.
- Internal fire doors should be closed, and nothing should block them on either side.